It’s almost the end of the month, the time of the year when there’s the urge to deny my failures, my blunders, my inconsistencies, and my real age (hehe);when hope springs eternal and I once again make resolutions (because after all, it costs nothing to make one) and I believe against belief, hope against hope, in the crap friends tell me that like wine, I am getting better (not bitter) with age. Yes, it also costs me nothing to believe in this crap, as well as the time-worn cliche that age is a state of mind.
Because age is a state of mind, I will believe that I will not really feel old until I reach 55 and have grandchildren (ugh!) Even so, I will be a groovy grandma sporting golf shorts and a cap; still going to the gym like this female septuagenarian I know who has muscles in the right places even at that age. I dread to imagine, but everyone of us hopes to mature gracefully because if we don’t, there’s no use talking about birthdays, right?
It’s a pity to think I lost some things this year. The urge to cook. To read. My inability to meet some PTA meetings and writing deadlines. My bed continues to be awfully empty & I’ve become less
honry horny and growing to be more apathetic of time, even though it is such a precious commodity with me.
But I say thanks to the Lord: for the laughter of my kids and the friends who love me back (even if, not in spite of); this blog which I write haplessly happily in; the eternal sunshine of my scatterbrain mind and the sense of humor which keeps me going through every setback. And oh, I’ll never be wanting of somebody who loves & adores me, so I can’t really say I’ll hate men for long.
Some things I wish for my xx birthday:
1. The ability to do five things at the same time (this busy body needs it)
2. A Flickr Pro account
3. The digital camera that blogging bought
4. To travel more of Asia like Vietnam, India, Korea and even (egad!) Singapore
5. To have my US visa renewed so I can go cruising in the Carribean
6. Spa massage and treatment
7. Stuff from Lush
8. Time/Newsweek subscription
9. More food discoveries and trips
10. La Dona de Cartier
11. To de-clutter my clutter
12. xxx (triple) on my xx (double x) birthday (how i wish :P)
13. … and if you’ve been silently reading this blog, time to say hi to me. Your greeting would be much appreciated.