This is in response to a tag from Blupanjeet. Another one of those posts on little known facts about me:
1. I was once a ghost writer of the following: a society columnist, a censors chief, a senator and a congressman. With the first one, I got to know all of Manila’s social climbers. But the censors stint was most enjoyable since me and my relatives got free movie passes!
2. On a flight to Germany in 2002, I got so mysteriously sick that the pilot of the Lufthansa plane had to go down from his cockpit to check on me and see if I was still fit to fly. Luckily, I felt better. Just in time.
3. I was washing clothes hours before I delivered my twins. My doctor, who performed an emergency caesarean operation, got nervous and wondered why I took so long to go to the hospital despite immense labor pains. Looking back now, the caesarean was a better experience for me than eh, normal delivery. But it wasn’t better for my twins who had to stay in the incubator for two weeks!
4. I’ve never eaten balut in my entire life.
5. My second name is Socorro. My mother had such a hard time giving birth to me (because I came out of her womb with my little feet first) that she had to pray to the patron saint of succor
6. I never get seasick. This despite having sailed through the notoriously rough Bay of Biscay in the Atlantic Ocean.
7. I cheated in my Spanish class in college and got some flak from a few goody two shoes classmates because I was…
accch… president of the Legion of Mary.
8. As a matter of principle, I never get back with ex-boyfriends.
You have only one chance and if you screw it, you’re dead. Even if I stayed good friends with the Xs, as I believe that life is too short for bitterness and pain.
Ironically, the only exception to this good friends rule is
The Ex Husband.