Anton over at Our Awesome Planet already intimated in one post how he gained 40 lbs. (!!) just from blogging about the hottest new restaurants and places in the metro. Somehow, I couldn’t help but share in the observation, knowing how I’ve terribly lagged in gym time the past few months. The pilosopo in me attribute my failure to go to the gym to two things:
1) weather is unreasonably hot! why work up a sweat when being at home is like taking the treadmill/being in a sauna already?
2) blogging is addicting; blogging ties me up to the computer for hours on end. My inability to do the simplest tummy crunches can be blamed in part to the fact that composing blog entries takes time, not to mention going through my long list of RSS feeds
In a nutshell, here’s when blogging can be considered bad for our health:
1. Eating more than you can manage just so you can blog about all that food.
2. Forgetting to eat because you sit there writing and/or transfixed reading about the interesting lives that other bloggers lead (I wish :P)
3. Staying sedentary for hours while writing/surfing. Unfortunately for us, blogging while running hasn’t been invented yet!
4. Smoking and drinking copious amounts of coffee in the process of writing The Great Filipino Blog Post.
5. Consuming too much cigarettes and alcohol during blogger meet-ups.
6. Insomnia, chronic sleeplessness oftentimes experienced by
prolific bloggers on a roll.Sometimes talking and dreaming of blogging in your sleep.
Blogaholics Anonymous anyone?