Got this from Noemi, with major revisions. It’s actually something that I haven’t discussed here so it’s time to sit down and think. What type of guy rocks my world? 😛
1. The first thing that comes to mind is sense of humor. It’s not only the fact that he can make me laugh to the point that his nostrils are contracting and he’s already being corny..it’s also being able to laugh at my jokes and yes, even if the joke’s already on him. Because my humor can be acerbic sometimes, bawal ang pikon.
2.Two things am OC about: grammar and hygiene. Not that you have to have an impeccable grammar for as long as we can communicate well and you don’t say things like “I wanna reap your clothes baby,” as what a guy said to me one time, which was enough to let me fall off my rocker.
Hygiene is self-explanatory. Not taking a bath for two days when you’re only living with your cats and dogs is understandable, but reeking of sweat and cigarette breath when you’re about to meet somebody is a turn-off. Being consistently clean is also a given. Apparently some people take this for granted when they’ve already established their own comfort zones. I can take skid marks on my marble floor, not on your underwear…ewwwe.
3. Vegetarian/budgetarian…not! I like a man who enjoys his food because then we can dine together or he can inspire me to cook. But not to the point of being a glutton. A man who piles food on his plate like he was building a replica of Mt. Everest will surely make me wince.
Budgetarian? I admire a man who can plan the future and handles his finances well but not to the point that we can’t already enjoy life together. I don’t like stingy-wingy kuripot guys. Maybe it’s being spoiled stiff by the ex-boyfriend who gives me shopping moolah up to now without absolutely any strings attached. A man should indulge a woman’s shopping fixation once in a while..it’s the closest way to her heart 😛
4. Athletic and fit. Some Body who goes to the gym and plays at least one sport, preferably with muscles in the right places.Some Body who can be a good influence to me when it comes to working out.
5. Tall or short? No comment. 😛
6. Big or small ? Too much of a good thing isn’t so great but not too small that even a pap smear feels more arousing. Ouch. 😛
7. Has integrity. My girl friends and I have agreed that Pinoy guys (or is it men in general?) don’t always say what they mean and mean what they say. They say they adore you today but you’ll never know what floats their boat tomorrow. A man who stays true to his promise, who isn’t the stereotypical indifferent, philandering lad deserves to be prized like a gem by even the most fervent feminists.