All right, it’s been a stressful week. Dealing with loss can bring a lot of stress, and so does staring at death almost in the face. Rather than stay like this in a daze, I deem it better to answer the Middle Zone Musings’ “What I Learned From...” carnival. Blogging about one’s feelings is therapy, and so are the following stress-busters:
Elders often tell us to count till 100 before blowing off steam. This is so true, except that am sometimes too impulsive. Other people would call it mind-conditioning. For every one ugly situation facing us, there are 10 other angles to view it differently from. Couldn’t help but be amused that Google has something like the Mail Goggles. Before trying to send mail you might regret, the email-sender is given a mathematical exercise to verify if one’s in the proper state of mind:
Other stress-busters on my list are:
– Going out for a walk, never mind if it’s the great mall shopping/window-shopping walk 😀
– Getting a massage in a spa. I mean, this is what a spa’s for. They have soothing music, ambiance and therapies to calm your spirits. Thankfully, it isn’t too expensive to indulge in spas in this country.
– Taking a shower
– Talking things out with a friend. It pays to talk to someone about problems, much better if you’re getting good advice.
– Distracting oneself with other things. If work is getting stressful, might be time to tune in to one’s favorite music, go gardening, buy a lipstick, and do a ton of other things to separate yourself from the burden of the moment.
– Surround yourself with beauty. Oftentimes, this entails uttering positive affirmations to yourself, thinking about life’s blessings and bringing out your favorite things.
Hello from the family jinxlets Noggles McTootToot, BiggleBoggle, Scurvy Cap’n Buggertoots and Cuddlewick! 😀