Just got this from the mail a few hours ago. Just goes to prove how top budget airline Cebu Pacific knows their marketing, despite the flight delays, LOL. They have launched the Wandering Juan Photo Contest in time for the lean travelling months of July to October. Get your pics taken in your location of choice, and have a chance to win free round trip tickets for two to Cebu Pacific international destinations, namely Singapore, Bangkok and Kota Kinabalu.
Highlights of the contest mechanics are the following:
1. Local (Filipino) and foreign travellers are eligible to join, for as long as they bought their CebuPac tickets from July 1 to Oct. 31, 2009.
2. Entries should fall under any of these categories:
– Photos of landmarks and other sceneries, with a caption of no more than six sentences.
– Photos of local residents, with a description of the person (including name and occupation) or a memorable quote from the person not exceeding six sentences.
– Travelogue with a series of five photographs that tell a story. It must come with a one-sentence caption.
Entries for all categories should feature a pair of tsinelas (flip-flops or slippers), which may range from Havaianas to Havanas, LOL. For photo samples, view the gallery in the official contest website.
This should be interesting. Hope the contest website doesn’t break down from the weight of all the entries. We know how Filipinos love to take photos during their trips, hehehe. I really don’t know the connection between slippers and Cebu Pacific, but that’s the motif they’ve chosen anyway. In all my recent trips, I’ve worn my favorite, super-soft sandals from Ipanema… so yes, that’s relevant 😀