I use an Android phone, but I do know of some people (read: friends) who are loyal to their Blackberry. I’ve never used a BB in my life, so let me just share a few things they rave about it: the push email, unbridled surfing (you gotta be postpaid) plus the most amusing reason of all: ” a lot of celebrities are using BB!!!”
The BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone has just launched in time for the crazy holiday season when consumers are looking for new gadgets to replace their old ones. Having read the official fine print (errr, press release), I would consider getting this smartphone if I want an upgrade to
not-so old BB models like the BlackBerry Bold 9700. In terms of the price point and features, the BlackBerry Torch is supposed to be BlackBerry’s answer to the Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone 4 of the competition.
Let’s take a look at the BB Torch specifications:
– high resolution touchscreen, optical trackpad & slide-out QWERTY keyboard
– Latest BlackBerry 6 OS. Access multiple sites simultaneously and pinch to zoom for easy navigation
– built-in GPS for location-based applications and geo-tagging
– 5 mp camera and the latest in wifi connectivity
– 8 GB of media storage, expandable to 36 GB via microSD/SDHD memory card slot
– Universal Search, real time chat with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and thousands of app choices at BlackBerry App World
The Engadget review of the BlackBerry Torch hasn’t been encouraging so far but I guess BlackBerry users who are loyal to BB and with money to burn will seriously consider this latest model smartphone as part of their Christmas list.