*Sigh* a reader tells me in this comment thread, that the new Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 won’t have any phone functionality but can do video calls using Gtalk and such. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 is supposed to be my next phone after I won it in a launch raffle last month! am still awaiting the package, and have said goodbye to that amazing review unit that was the Samsung Galaxy S II. My “what will be my next phone dilemma” continues…..
In the meantime, Samsung has announced the availability of the Galaxy S Wifi 5.0, describing it as the “mini-tablet for the entertainment enthusiast.” We bet this handsome phone has a cheaper price than the fully-loaded S II. Here are some of its specs:
– Android 2.2 “Froyo” operating system
– dual surround speakers and SoundAlive technology that generate full deep 3D base and clarity of a concert hall experience
– 5? LCD screen coupled with the mDNIe (Mobile Digital Natural Image engine) for a cinematic viewing experience
– two cameras, one for taking pictures (3mp rear camera) and another for video chatting (1.3mp front view camera). Skype, Qik and other internet voice and video calling apps are also available on this device
– 8 gb memory with an expandable memory card slot of up to 32GB.
I could want this phone!