Tech Tuesday: selfie or groufie with Huawei Ascend P7 LTE
I travel light and you have to treat me to artisan coffee to convince me to lug around a DSLR or still camera other than the smartphone I already have for those mundane blog coverages. You see, I’d rather opt for my own comfort and convenience over the more excellent pictures that a bulky DSLR delivers (sorry, dear readers.)
But I have to admit that I had to take a second look when the full specifications of the Huawei Ascend P7 was given to me. Its dual cameras (13MP at the rear and 8MP for front-facing) are perfect for today’s wave of selfie and ‘groufie’ – crazy individuals.
Small lenses are usually the problem on camphones, but the 5P non-spherical lens on the 13MP camera of the P7 means you can take amazing panoramic shots when you’re in tourist attractions like this..
Double-clicking the down volume button once launches the camera in 1.2 seconds, even in a locked mode. This ensures that you don’t miss out on the action.
(Official photos from Huawei)
Other camera-worthy features of the Ascend P7:
– Voice Photo functions tells the phone to shoot the picture. When you do this, you can also use Voice to upload the photos to your social networks
– Sony’s 4th generation BSI sensor, Image Signal Processor (ISP) and IMAGESmart 2.0 software ensures quality pictures, even in low light conditions
– auto focus, white balance, noise reduction etc.
Huawei Ascend P7 LTE key specifications:
– Display: 5-inch 1920 x 1080 FHD display
– OS: AndroidTM 4.4.2 Kit Kat
– Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 32GB MicroSD card slot
– Front-facing Camera: 8MP
– Rear-facing Camera: 13MP AF with f/2.0 aperture
– Video capture: 1080p HD video recording and playback
– Size: 139.82mm(L) x 68.8mm(W) x 6.5mm(T)
– Weight: About 124g
– Connectivity: LTE Cat4 / WiFi 802.11 b/g/n / Bluetooth 4.0 / NFC sharing
– Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 910T 1.8 GHz quad-core chipset / Mali450 GPU
– Battery: 2500 mAh lithium polymer
Launch price for the Ascend P7 in the Philippines is P20,990 (about US$483) ,as of July 2014