My once shy and sickly twin girls, Dianne and Dionne, are now teens. They’ve also turned out to be the most social media savvy of the bunch..getting as much as 300 to 700 likes on Facebook whenever they post photos for their friends. Kumusta naman, di ko kinaya, lol.
This is why I was excited when the people behind the magazine Total Girl Philippines sent an invite for my daughters to join the staging of their 2nd Model Academy.I knew the sefie lords would like it. It was just perfect since I was also looking for a workshop to develop their personality and boost their confidence this summer , just what every young girl needs.
Total Girl Model Academy 2015 was held at the Glorietta Activity Center and it was filled on the day with excited young girls aged 8 to 13. After registering, I went out to explore the mall and left the girls to participate in the different workshops. Here’s what they did:
– Visit the ‘styling studio’ which was manned by Raizel Dy, a fashion stylist and makeup artist who has worked in some of the country’s top magazines. She gave the girls styling tips and discovering one’s own style.
– Up next: the catwalk class where they flaunted their styles through ramp modelling, proper posture, and personality coaching with Ning Corteza, an instructor of runway modelling, imaging, and visual posing.
– Third stage was basic camera posing where the girls were guided on finding their best angle with the help of photography coach Heidi Aquende, a commercial and editorial photographer. Click, click. The twins even went home with their own portraits from the photobooth.
– The fourth stage consisted of the actual application of the lessons taught.The photo booth produced ‘comp cards,’
otherwise known as model’s set cards, which the participants took home as souvenirs.
– The final stage was the go-see in the presence of a panel of judges. My twins were not qualified to join this anymore as they’re overaged at 15, and the Total Girl market is up to 13 years only. It was nice to see more than 100 young hopefuls compete. Out of the 100, the editorial team of Total Girl will choose 10 winners to be featured in the magazine’s September 2015 Fashion and Beauty issue. Aside from being featured, the winners will also get special prizes from the sponsors. Such a cool opportunity!
For more updates on this contest and future holding of Model Academy like www.facebook.com/totalgirlmag.ph on Facebook and follow@TotalGirlPH on Instagram.