Sambo Kojin is an eat-all-you-can yakiniku owned by the same people behind the legendary Dad’s buffet. We always meant to dine here but there doesn’t seem to be a branch near us.It was indeed very timely when I got an invite to try out Sambo Kojin’s newly-opened branch at the 3rd level of the Atrium of SM Megamall. Too bad, I could only bring one person so I tagged along the biggest rice eater of the twins…Dionne! haha.
Even though I woke up late that Saturday, I was oh-so-excited for the highlight of our day. Korean and Japanese food are my all-time favorites and at Sambo Kojin, they put the two in one roof.
What is most impressive: they don’t scrimp on the selections. Plus the food is really authentic and of high quality.
The freshest sushi….
The best of the so-called fusion rolls –
Popular Korean dishes like chap chae and some saucy fried chicken. I ate these first because I was famished!
A complete line-up of banchan – the popular Korean appetizers – which can easily fill you up if you don’t watch out.
Katsudon, gyoza, takoyaki..not in photo are the assorted tempura
Even though they’ve just opened, the place seemed to be fairly busy and one can easily understand why. For a buffet that’s less than 800 pesos, diners get a very extensive selection of mostly fish and seafood which are expensive otherwise.
My daughter loved the time when the raw food we picked at the buffet was cooking on the smokeless grill which was right there on our table. You can easily adjust the settings so your inihaw is not overdone…
At the buffet station, one can have a wide choice of items for grilling and these include top grade US marbled and tender beef. A new addition is the Foil Yaki menu which is so-called because the food is wrapped in foil. With this, one can be surprised with yummy treats like the steamed salmon and Prawns in Garlic.
After all the feasting, save room for dessert. A figure-conscious old lady like moi skipped the cakes 🙂
I could have had the fruits but Sambo Kojin’s 14 flavors of ice cream to choose from were more tempting. I liked their green tea flavor and some others.
Considering its affordable price, the Sambo Kojin buffet is one of the best we’ve tried of late. Because of their delicious and quality servings, you really get value for your money.
Anyway, be updated of the opening promotions of Sambo Kojin Megamall to make your dining experience more worthy.
– Grandpas and grandmas aged 60 to 69 get 20% discount while those aged 70 and above enjoy 50% discount!
– First-time diners at Sambo Kojin get a Frequent Diner Card. Then, the cardholder is entitled to one Free Welcome Back buffet upon presentation of his card with 10 validated dine-ins on his next visit.
– A group of six diners (with 5 full-paying adults) get one free buffet upon presentation of the promo card or flyer.
– Birthday celebrants get a free buffet, provided they dine with full-paying person(s). Conditions apply.
– Get P100 discount when you finish your Sambo Kojin buffet before 12.15 pm for lunch and 7pm for dinner. Sambo Kojin’s regular rates are P649 for lunch and P749 for dinner, respectively.
For more information, follow /SamboKojin on Facebook and @sambokojin on Instagram.
Find Sambo Kojin in the following locations:
SM Megamall Level 3 Atrium
Tel. No. 696-1291 to 93
Tel. No. 726-4466, 726-4520
Tel. No. 421-0145 to 46
West Avenue, Quezon City
Tel. No. 372-8846, 921-2873
SM Southmall Food Street
Tel. No. 511-7843, 511-7853