Manila press were treated recently to pomp and pageantry for the grand launch of the Vivo V5 smartphone. What made this a big deal? For one, it’s the first phone I saw where the front-facing camera has more megapixels than the rear one, so it should be interesting.
Vivo V5 brands itself as the Perfect Selfie phone with its 20 mp Moonlight front-facing camera complemented by a Sony IMX376 camera sensor. This is further boosted by a front-facing soft-light flash for greater illumination when taking selfies.
The rear camera, on the other hand, has a 13-megapixel sensor featuring phase-detect autofocus.
For a suggested retail price of P12,990, the Vivo V5 packs a punch with its other features:
– Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system
– 5.5 inch 1280 x 720 HD display clad in 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
– powerful MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor running at 1.5 GHz
– 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable to 128GB via micro SD
– 3000mAH built-in battery with fast-charge technology
– front-facing fingerprint scanner
– 32-bit AK4376 digital to analog converter Hi-Fi chip
In the launch, Vivo also announced it has contracted two-time NBA MVP and Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry as the face of Vivo V5.
Consumers who get first dibs of the Vivo V5 in major retailers in time for Christmas will get exclusive freebies like Vivo speakers, selfie stick and phone stent.
Check out facebook.com/vivophilippinesofficial for more info