Binibining Pilipinas 2017 unfolds tonight (Sunday) at the Smart Araneta Coliseum with a delayed telecast by ABS-CBN at 10pm. Inasmuch as accredited media are prohibited from posting live updates (due to the agreement with ABS-CBN), we are just putting here our fearless forecast as discussed with my friend Ojie, an avid pageant watcher. Who will most likely succeed Maxine Medina and last year’s court of winners? Read on for the list. We picked Top 10 candidates out of 40 who joined this year:
1. Charmaine Elima
– she’s 24 and a flight attendant of Philippine Airlines. Graduated cum laude in international hospitality management from Siena College
2. Mariel De Leon
– daughter of famous showbiz couple Christopher de Leon and Sandy Andolong is making a second pitch for the pageant, better and sexier this time. She’s a professional cookery graduate who’s also an opera singer.
3. Katarina Rodriguez
– the 24-year old graduate from De La Salle University is a sports buff who’s into cycling and long distance running. She’s also a model.
4. Jehza Huelar
– like Katarina, she hails from Davao City and won second runner-up in Bb. PIlipinas last year
5. Rachel Peters
– this half-Filipina half-British stunner from Camarines Sur is taking a shot at Bb Pilipinas after landing 4th Princess in Miss World Philippines 2014. She stands at 5’9 and has a bachelor’s degree from Australia.
6. Sirene Sutton
– another Brit-Filipina beauty. She’s a 23 year old model who finished her marketing management degree from Southville International School.
7. Arienne Louise Calingo
– representing Angeles City, Arienne graduated with honors from Georgetown University in the USA and is multilingual.
Rounding off our Top 10 are the following beauties:
8. Angelique Celine de Leon
9. Chanel Thomas
10. Gabriela Ortega