Most of the people will not have clarity regarding when to consume protein shake for the best results.
However, with this article, you will understand how protein shakes are beneficial and based on your requirement, you can decide when to consume protein shake. If you are consuming protein shake, the
calorie intake and hunger between your meals reduces drastically, which is considered a good sign for your body. Also, the fat burn rate of your body increases and as a result, you will be able to lose weight at a quicker pace.
Type of Protein
As per the research conducted, it has been observed that Whey protein has the best results in the long run. However, it is best recommended that you avoid taking whey protein before going to bed.
When to drink Protein Shake for best weight loss results
1. If you only want to make sure that the nutritional requirements of your body are met, it is best recommended that you drink whey protein shakes instead of meal replacement shakes and you will have to keep a watch on the calories present in the protein shake.
2. If you want to cap your calories during a meal, make sure that you drink whey protein shake 30-60 minutes before your meal, as your hunger goes down and the protein intake also goes up.
3. If you are feeling hungry between meals, instead of eating anything junk, you can drink a protein shake.
4. If you are on the verge of missing a meal, it might result in a craving and you will end up consuming something unhealthy. Instead, keep a protein shake handy so that you consume it immediately.
5. Before you exercise in the morning, have a whey protein shake so that your muscles do not have a lack of energy.
6. If you want to consume protein before going to sleep, you can take casein protein instead of whey protein. Whey protein is not recommended before going to bed as it increases the insulin levels in the body.
Quantity of Protein
For every kg of body weight, 1-1.5 gram of protein is recommended, as it will keep you healthy while providing your muscles with the required proteins.
You can also make your own protein shakes rather than using the meal replacements available. The idea is to keep the calories low while keeping the protein quantity high. Meal replacements are expensive than protein. You can add oats, coconut oil and a scoop of whey protein to make sure that it is good on the nutrition level.
Also, you can look for various options available on the internet to ensure that you have a good level of protein intake daily.
Protein Shakes and Exercise
Proteins help in muscle recovery and fat burn, due to which it is a favorite among body builders.
However, protein intake also increases your insulin levels for a while. Site recommends you to make sure that you do not consume it beyond the acceptable limit.