Hmmm. There are two kinds of ‘professionals’ I have an intimate relationship with: 1) the one who waxes me, and 2) my OB-gyn, short for obstetrician-gynecologist. As a doctor for feminine concerns, we find that we should really select one who is not only competent but someone we can trust and feel at ease with.
Ob-gyn Dr. Faith Suluen of the sanitary napkins brand Jeunesse Anion, shares five top tips on how women or girls can find the right doctor:
1. Family and Friends Referrals. The first step when you’re in search for the right doctor is to ask for referrals from your family and friends. Besides, there’s no better way of telling what a “good” doctor is than getting opinions of people you trust and who can also help you determine the perfect fit for your personality.
2. The Right Clinic. When you’re craving for something, you make sure you pick the highest rated restaurant or at least the one that’s accessible for you to dine in. Same goes for choosing a doctor, you have to take into consideration location as well as its clinic hours. Especially if you’re pregnant, hospital runs become part of your routine, so be sure that drive time, transportation options and parking space are conducive for you.
3. Know Their Expertise. Your life stage is a vital factor when choosing an ob-gyn, that’s why you should hire a doctor that’s an expert in your area of concern. Knowing her credentials, years of practice, educational background, and patient relationship will help you decide. Dr. Faith also advises considering these shortlisted but important questions: Does she take the time to explain things clearly and completely? Is she familiar with most recent industry changes? Does she take time to upgrade and update her knowledge and skills? These vital qualifications will help to ensure your satisfaction!
4. Shared Values. When it comes to choosing a health provider, it’s important to consult someone who respects your decisions and is passionate about achieving your health goals. Discussing personal information, pregnancy history, and other intimate details is like sharing your secrets. A doctor whom you can talk to with ease and sincerely cares about your well-being is a keeper.
5. Your Comfort and Peace of Mind. You want to be able to disclose confidential matters to someone you can trust. Dr. Faith says, “Besides medical background, a good ob-gyn should also have good communication skills because they act as a counselor or a confidante to their patients most of the time.” Additionally, these three R’s should serve as your guide when trimming down your choices: reliable, responsible and reputable.
Lastly, remember that taking care of oneself also includes choosing the right product for your intimate part, just like when you’re choosing the perfect ob-gyn. So during your time of the month, Jeunesse Anion takes charge of one’s protection. It’s thin but highly-absorbent pads will keep period woes at bay, especially as it comes with five variants to address all types of flow. Uniquely designed with a special anion strip that possesses chockful of benefits from eliminating unwanted odors, symptoms of cramps to dysmenorrhea, one’s time of the month will never have to be your “scariest time” of the month!
(note: from the official press release)