Mommies just work and work, often rushing through the day and doing ten things at the same time without thinking of any reward or recognition. There’s no such thing as yearly Oscar or Golden Globes for this thing we’re doing and if there’s such, it will make the whole effort superficial. We only stop and listen when our kids say “Mommy, you’re the best!” and “we love you!” Only then does it makes sense.
Asked to tick off the qualities of a perfect woman, moms may refer to someone who is smart, strong, beautiful, healthy, responsible, without knowing they are describing themselves already.
(Yeah I know, a mom worth her salt should have the brains and brawn, not to mention a strong sense of responsibility..sometimes to the point of fussiness in fact. But yes, we’re brave, very brave).
Watsons Philippines believes that happy mothers who look
good and feel great in turn make their loved ones feel great, too.
Now that Mother’s Day is approaching, Watsons PH has a few noteworthy suggestions to honor the rockstar Moms of our lives:
1. Give your mom a homemade gift card for a foot and hand massage. It should be redeemable forever.
2. Put together a special basket for mom filled with beauty and wellness goodies such as facemasks, massage oil, a bottle of multivitamins and nail polish. Basically, the basket should include items your mother will enjoy.
3. Give her gift cards from her favorite store. If she loves beauty, then she will enjoy shopping at Watsons. If it’s fashion she’s into, she will surely love the wide selection at The SM Store.
4. Write a letter or poem telling her why she is the best mom in the world and what makes her perfect.
5. Serve her breakfast in bed. If you can’t cook, slice some fruits and serve it with toast and butter on a beautiful plate.
6. Take her out for dinner and a movie. Take note of what her favorite restaurant is and what movies she likes to watch.
For more handy tips and promo announcements, like and visit Watsons PH on Facebook and @watsonsph on Instagram