Much to our relief, the PCOS (precinct count optical scan) machines didn’t fare badly as we thought during the May 10 2010 elections. I join the nation in praising the conduct of the polls and how the votes were promptly and easily counted, the automated way.
Although doubts have been raised as to the influence of the online media in the outcome of the votes, this didn’t prevent people from exchanging post-election chit-chat and banter through the internetz. Three sites I was glued in all this time: Facebook, Twitter and the news.
Who would have thought the post-election celebration would give rise to a Twitter star in the person of @PCOSmachine? His humor and wit have earned him 11,422 followers as of press time, and growing.
At first, I thought he was just a creation of PCOS proponent Smartmatic-TIM. Turns out he’s lawyer slash iPhone/iPad developer Yves Gonzalez who created the identity out of boredom.Want samples in Twitter’s terse 140 characters format? Take a look at these and laugh your heart out:
– Just got off d phone w/ people frm ABANTE tabloid. They want to start a new sex colum, aptly called “Xerex Machine”
– Received a draft copy of d new NoyBi posters which wil soon grace d walls of all Philippine govt offices.
– “what is your take on the candidacy of Jamby Madrigal?” /via @GeloLopez – the machines like her. Made counting easy coz not too much votes.
– do u like any of the candidates who are so far in the top 12 senators?” /via @iamsuperbianca – cant believe only 33% r celebs. I want more.
– you want boy abunda as your manager or anabelle rama?” /via @whatevertoni – Boy. Wud not want 2 be on d bad side of d new First Lady Kris A
– Back frm SM-TIM celebration. So cool, d next prez of d country dropped by. He looked ok 2 me, but wat do I know, I’m not a psychology. Gnytü
– OMG boss Cesar definitely knows how to party. Too bad he told everyone “what happens in airforce one, stays in airforce one”. Iv said 2 much
– @PCOSmachine are you a jejemon? haha” /via @riolm_21 – low level lang p0hz. I think it’s just a glitch in my programming.
– “@PCOSmachine by far, you’re better than @CFcard! That dude is a trying hard!” /via @albertdaryll – I believe he was purchased in CDR-King.
– Filipino people, d current PCOS machines do NOT have sex, get aroused, or turned on. Tell Congress if u want that model. It’ll cost u thou.
– @PCOSmachine why is it that sometimes when you swallow the ballot it gets jammed?” /via @MissIzaCalzado – gag reflex. Stupid programmer.
“@PCOSmachine if u are not a machine, who will u vote for president and why?” /via @kingofthefranks – Gordon. Transformer. Duh.
RT @blistersun @PCOSmachine What do u say about your alias as ‘Hokus PCOS’? – Who said that? Mabawasan nga votes. Magic pala ha
– was nervous at first but after putting it in, it felt really great! :P” /via @falloutkee – first time is always the hardest.
– “@PCOSmachine What’s the first thing you’re going to say to the officially declared president? /via @bonjourjb” – PABURJER KA NAMAN! JEJEJE
– No joke, just read a ballot with a CHECK mark for Villar. Also had a marking, “baby james”. Weird.
– I can confirm that ERAP did not vote for a vice president on his ballot. I heard him say na trauma na daw sya kay GMA.
All we can say is: LOL!!!1!