Download the all-new, ultra-fast Internet Explorer 9 using this link to test IE9 and see the difference!
We all know this is the era of the speedy, supersonic browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla, Safari, Opera..you name it.Internet Explorer is also in this Hall of Fame but it has taken a fall in recent years despite the fact that for most of us, it was the first-ever browser we were introduced to in our colorful web-surfing life.
My major complaint with this browser: it was slow! Some of the sites/ blogs I was reading also weren’t compatible with it.
I am glad all this is about to change with the newest Internet Explorer version called IE 9 (download link here) I’ve just installed it on my white HP Mini Toord Boontje without much pain. The browser runs on Windows 7 and Windows Vista (though unfortunately not on Windows XP and earlier).
Here’s a quick run-through of the features and a review of my IE9 experience:
– Easy install and even faster loading
– High-definition videos, clear graphics, vibrant colors and websites are interactive than ever before
– Pin sites by dragging the icon or tab of your fave websites to the Windows Taskbar. Opening them next time takes just one click and you won’t even have to launch IE separately
– New notifications, messages and status updates are consolidated in the Notification Bar located at the bottom of the browser frame. No more disruptions in your web browsing, you can act on your notices and updates when you’re ready
– Surf and search in just one place with One Box. Windows says you don’t even have to remember the full web address. Just type the relevant terms of your search and the headline matches or suggestions are shown in a dropdown list. Of course, you can choose to turn on or off the search suggestions.
_ In this new version of IE, there’s a Compatibility View feature meant to address problems with viewing websites that were designed for earlier versions of IE. Just click on Compatibility View button on the address bar to view the site on a previous version of Internet Explorer and click on CV button again if you want to revert to browsing on IE9
– The InPrivate Browsing feature is cool! especially if you don’t want to leave a trace of your web browsing activity on a computer. Just press Ctrl+Shift+P on the Safety menu or the New Tab page
– SmartScreen Filter in Internet Explorer is a useful tool against phishing, malware and other threats. A malicious site or page can be blocked when detected while browsing on IE9.
I can go on and on about IE9’s other outstanding features, but here’s something that should be of interest to gamers: being able to play the World’s Biggest Pac-Man Game, made especially for Internet Explorer 9!
Disclosure: This blog post was made possible with an Amazon voucher from Microsoft. Okay, I still have to get it, but am looking forward to buy a cookbook 😀