The digestive system turns the food we eat into energy and waste products. It’s an important human function, to say the least. Without this, we would be sick and poisoned. I rarely get sick but when I do, it seems to always concern my stomach and when this happens, I feel awful, of course.
The people behind Essentiale® Forte P and Dulcolax® (manufactured by Sanofi) gave 10 vital tips to keep one’s digestive tract healthy and happy. This was in line with the celebration of World Digestive Day last May 29.
Read these tips as this will do your body good!
1. Junk the junk. Avoid eating processed foods (chips, cold cuts), breads and pastas.
2. Go for gold. Probiotic foods feed the good bacteria in your digestive tract. So what should you go for? A plant-based diet would be good. If not, make sure you have more nuts and seeds in your diet. Check out pistachios, bananas, garlic, onion, wheat, oats, quinoa, millet and chia.
3. Avoid unnecessary drinking of antibiotics. Taking antibiotics may have a negative effect on the bacteria and other microbes living in your intestines. Antibiotics may kill healthy bacteria. Before taking antibiotics, ask your doctor questions about then and do some research. Get a second opinion if possible and don’t self-medicate.
4. Keep your liver in check. Instead of steaks and fried chicken, opt for taking in less fats from your food as these can lead to having too much fat stored in the liver. A fatty liver is a sign of an unhealthy digestive system and will affect your entire health. Keep your liver in check with Essentiale® Forte P. It contains essential phospholipids that repair damaged liver cell membrane, regenerate lost phospholipids and restore normal functions of the liver, keeping your liver healthy for a happy digestive system.
5. Take a good probiotic. Probiotics are micro-organisms that provide health benefits when consumed. Probiotics help with digestion and stimulate the immune system. They rebuild intestinal flora for better digestive health for kids. It also stops diarrhea
symptoms and addresses other intestinal issues. Consult your doctor to learn more about the benefits of Probiotics!
6. Water is important. Hydration is the key to having a healthy digestive system. Constipation is often the result of dehydration in the colon. Drinking at least 8 16-oz glasses of water a day will ensure that your stool will be soft and easy to pass.
7. Taking a laxative helps. Frequent constipation is a sign that your digestive system is in poor health. If you haven’t moved your bowels in days, don’t just suffer. Dulcolax® stimulates bowel movement and softens hard dry stool to treat constipation and other bowel irregularities. Dulcolax®, the world’s No. 1 laxative, ensures you have a happy tummy in the morning.
8. You’ve got to move it. Regular exercises like brisk walking or running will get things moving, so to speak. Allot at least 10 minutes a day to exercise. Make it 15 mins daily if you can.
9. Chill, don’t stress. Your work life is stressful enough; find time to chill and relax. Don’t bring work home. Find little pockets of relaxation throughout the day. For instance, when
it gets to be too much, do some breathing exercises for a few minutes. Stress can affect the health of your digestive system.
10. Get enough sleep. If eight hours of sleep is not doable, make sure you get six hours every night. Lack of sleep can cause gas and poor digestion.