We daresay this dish is perfect for breakfast or brunch. It’s a savory option for the most important meal of the day, not to mention very nutritious. Enjoy this with your tea, coffee or cold drink while imagining yourself being transported to your favorite restaurant or bistro which is sure to prepare a dish similar to this. Impress your family or loved one because this recipe doesn’t come everyday and will make them feel special, and yet is easy to make with just a can of San Miguel del Mar Tuna and a few key ingredients.
Thanks to Chef Happy Ongpauco-Tiu of the Happy Concept Group for sharing and conceptualizing this recipe for Tuna Crepes with Truffle Mushroom Cream Sauce. It’s 100 per cent yummy!
1-1/2 cups Magnolia Fresh Milk
3 pc Magnolia Brown Eggs
5 tbsp Magnolia Nutri Oil Coconut Vegetable Oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp iodized fine salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup chopped garlic
1 cup fresh button mushrooms
1 (185 g) can San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
½ cup Magnolia All-Purpose Cream
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
iodized fine salt
¼ cup Magnolia Gold Butter Salted
¼ cup chopped garlic
½ cup Magnolia Quickmelt or mozzarella cheese
1 (250 mL) pack Magnolia All-Purpose Cream
truffle oil to taste
For the crepe:
1. In a bowl, mix milk, eggs and oil. Add flour, then salt and sugar. Continue to mix then
strain to get a smoother batter. Add vanilla extract into the batter.
2. Pour batter into a non-stick flat pan until it forms a circle. Cook until edges start to dry and center is set. Turn and cook other side until light brown.
For the filling:
1. Saute garlic in olive oil, then add mushrooms and tuna. Add cream and grated cheese.
Season with salt and pepper then mix thoroughly. Set aside.
To make the sauce:
1. Melt butter & saute the garlic. Add cream and cheese. Set aside.
1. Take one crepe pancake and place it on a plate. Take 2 spoon-full of tuna filling and
spread it down the middle of the crepe pancake. Take one side of the crepe pancake
and roll it over the filling, and keep rolling to form a log.
2. Pour the sauce over the crepes and drizzle with truffle oil.