Anton over at Our Awesome Planet already intimated in one post how he gained 40 lbs. (!!) just from blogging about the hottest new restaurants and places in the metro. Somehow, I couldn’t help but share in the observation, knowing how I’ve terribly lagged in gym time the past few months. The pilosopo in me attribute my failure to go to the gym to two things:
1) weather is unreasonably hot! why work up a sweat when being at home is like taking the treadmill/being in a sauna already?
2) blogging is addicting; blogging ties me up to the computer for hours on end. My inability to do the simplest tummy crunches can be blamed in part to the fact that composing blog entries takes time, not to mention going through my long list of RSS feeds
In a nutshell, here’s when blogging can be considered bad for our health:
1. Eating more than you can manage just so you can blog about all that food.
2. Forgetting to eat because you sit there writing and/or transfixed reading about the interesting lives that other bloggers lead (I wish :P)
3. Staying sedentary for hours while writing/surfing. Unfortunately for us, blogging while running hasn’t been invented yet!
4. Smoking and drinking copious amounts of coffee in the process of writing The Great Filipino Blog Post.
5. Consuming too much cigarettes and alcohol during blogger meet-ups.
6. Insomnia, chronic sleeplessness oftentimes experienced by
prolific bloggers on a roll.Sometimes talking and dreaming of blogging in your sleep.
Blogaholics Anonymous anyone?
I\’d say that blogging can be bad for one\’s health if not taken in moderation AND if exercise is forgotten.Blogging can also lead to burnout, something I know too much about.
I should say, it affected my prayer life: negatively and positively. First, blogging distract me by thinking about a reflection topic to be posted while on prayer, that keeps my mind wondering… but the next, my reflections and things to be shared by blog is being offered and i bring those people whom i interacted with through blogging into prayer 🙂
Another thing, sas u also mentioned about insomnia.. I can’t sleep right when my mind is already blogging while in bed :
blogging bad for the health.. god forbid :(..
Yes Lori, blogging in moderation is the key 🙂
Blogging (while) in bed, Bro. Vince..is that the new breakfast in bed? hehe
Brown Baron says
The biggest problem for me is getting to sleep. I’d have my eyes closed but my mind keeps going through all the planned posts, blog tweaks, and promotion plans. I’d toss and turn for an hour and a half before dozing off haha.
That’s just normal BB..as long as it doesn’t happen too often,hehe
Blogging can sometimes be bad for my social health. My barkada cringes when they see me whip out my camera…
“Oh no, it’s for the blog!” they cry out before scampering away.
I’d better leave my digicam at home, or my friend might leave me. 🙂
That’s also true Patet. Some people can get ‘blogphobic”
Em Dy says
I’ve been ending my posts with a summary of how I exercised since I’ve resumed working out. It’s been a struggle but this post and Anton’s have reminded me to continue moving.
That’s good to hear Em. It’s really a struggle when we’re faced with all the food 🙁
Oh, yeah! Simply agree! Love your blog. btw.