PLAY, which stands for ‘Purposeful Learning and Activities for the Young’ is now open at the upper ground floor Coral Wing of Okada Manila. It is an indoor fun facility where kids aged one to 16 years old can engage in free play or coach-assisted sessions to develop their academic, social, creative and physical well-being.
My youngest child Lucia recently enjoyed her time at the newly-opened Play arena where she explored the sprawling space and even met new friends.
Young children and teeners alike can have a fun time moving around PLAY’s eight distinct facilities or ‘neighborhoods.’ These are:
1. Wizard’s Den – an interactive feature where gestures create different types of fire balls to defeat mythical creatures.
2. Mini Steps & Mini Me – a fully padded and dedicated space for babies and toddlers to enjoy tummy time and play time with slides, padded see-saws, cubes, and ball pit. There is also an interactive floor where they can enjoy 10 different features that explore sight, sound and movement.
3. Little Town – allows kiddie hands-on play in a banking, postal,
school, grocery and home environment to gain valuable learning and
practical experience of every day grown-up life.
4. Little Park – a two-level playground and maze where toddlers can enjoy slides, a climbing wall, zip line, barrel roll, giant tic-tac-toe, and various other obstacles to spend their limitless energy and explore their physical strength.
5. Sports Zone – an artificial grass court for sports games.
6. Janguru – a multi-level playground and maze (for kids over 110cm) that also has wave slides, a drop slide, turbo slide, obstacle courses, rope and wave bridges, an interactive gaming floor, other play features plus enclosed tree huts where pocket activities and some coach-led programs take place.
7. The Stage – a platform where talented kids can unleash their inner performer and develop their their singing, dancing, acting and public speaking skills.
8. My Party Place – a dedicated space for birthday parties, corporate events, team building activity or a special occasion like children’s themed party or baby shower.
Fees are at P750 net for five hours of PLAY access while parents/ guardians who must accompany the kids (8 years old and under) are charged at P300 each. Discounts apply for those celebrating their birthdays or are Rewards/Preferred members of Okada Manila.
The facility is open from 10 am to 10 pm from Sundays to Thursdays and 10 am to 12 am on Fridays and Saturdays.
For reservations and inquiries, call 8880777 or check out the official website http://okadamanila.com