There’s a big bloggers’ event happening on Saturday. Most likely, I will be there. It goes with the job, it goes with the territory. But you know why am not too excited about these things? Here’s why…
1. I believe I’ve attended far too many EBs, meet-ups, and blogcons and it’s the same boring banana for this ADD-induced blogger. Unless of course they introduce a banana stripper soon.
2. I feel soo ooold mingling with these bloggers whose median age is 22 to 25. Which means they were just born when I was ooold enough to dance to The Gogo’s and Bananarama (ok, there’s the banana word again)
3. The event sounds a tad too commercial for its own good. Imagine being forced to mention 26 donors and sponsors!! With the exception of Elianto, which is not a sponsor (see my previous post), I have failed miserably (which explains why up to this time I haven’t received my e-vite yet).
4. Most of my blog friends and some of the bloggers I read regularly are not attending (okay, as a punishment, you will all remain a mystery for now)
5. I dread carbo-loading on donuts (because there’s a donut sponsor in the blog parteeh.)
6. I dread being in a room-full (err, swimming pool-full) of geeks. All they talk about are… I don’t know what they’re talking about most of the time. Two years of not browsing up on Codex and I consider myself a blog nut.
7. Judging from past EBents, my gay friend Candida said there were hardly any cute guys in our range of vision. I told you they were geeks remember?
8. Being compelled to do any one of these things: smile at the camera, strike an empty conversation, ask intelligible questions, munch on a lettuce and do the compulsory tagging, link-lovin’ and blog reporting afterwards.
9. I have too many corporate giveaways to last me a lifetime (but a free WP design will do. I heard I won it last time but I went out early)
10. Spelling party as “parteeh”… is much the same as putting h in Jun (Jhun) or Baby (Bhaby or Babeeh). Pfft.
Hope they will still let me in after writing this. 😛 If I’ve known you through Blog-O-Rama or virtually, introducing yourself would be very much appreciated. See you at the (ehrrmmm) Parteeh!
Technorati tag: blogparteeh07