Believe it or not, a lot of people will be eating and cooking healthy this Christmas. They might do so for reasons of wellness and fitness, or they might have decided to go vegetarian. Am one of those who will volunteer to be in line. It’s really true that aging will make you scared and will make you be more careful about what you eat, haha. It’s quite easy to make all these indulgent, sinful stuff for the holiday table but the struggle to come up with healthy fare is REAL.
Thankfully, I was able to experiment successfully with this Mediterranean-style Oven-Grilled Fish using our stock of Seaking Bangus Belly. I love these Seaking ready made cuts (like the salmon slab I shared in an earlier post). They’re a boon to busy moms. All we have to do is to take them out of the pack and cook!
Why do I say the recipe is Mediterranean-style? Because it uses olive oil and lemon to add flavor. I chose to grill the dish in my smart oven, but you can also steam this, no problem.
Here’s how to make this Oven-Grilled Bangus Belly dish:
1. Lay the bangus belly slices flat on a surface or on a plate. Season with salt, pepper and squeezed lemon juice.
2. Transfer to a piece of cut aluminum foil and allow to marinate while prepping the veggies. You can use veggies perfect for grilling such as zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant. Or even add capers, carrots etc. In my case, I used zucchini, French beans, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices and onions.
3. Put the veggies on top and on the side of the fish as what I’ve done here…
4. Drizzle the fish & veggies with olive oil. You can also add butter but it’s optional.
4. Crimp the edges of the fish packet and close. Afterwards, put in a hated oven and bake/grill for 20-30 minutes until done.
5. Serve as a meal with rice or pasta. This is also great for meal prepping.
The end product doesn’t look so photogenic but oh boy, it’s yummy and tasty, not to mention healthy. Bon appetit!