Am sharing here some recipes which we got during a recent demo sponsored by Shopwise supermarket last Mother’s Day.Chef Jee Mingoa of Alchemy Bar & Bistro taught us how to make this Beef in Paprika Cream Sauce (or beef paprikash) which would pair well with red wine. And good enough, the young bartender Joseph Apostol, president of Philippines Wine Flairing, whipped up a heady and delicious cocktail using Beach Hut Cabernet Merlot from Australia.
Whether you have a special occasion to celebrate at home or simply rejoicing on the table because it’s a weekend, this yummy entree and addicting wine cocktail is all you need to keep your loved one/s happy.
BEEF IN PAPRIKA CREAM SAUCE
500 g beef sirloin
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup cream
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 tsp. paprika
bayleaf and parsley for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut beef into thin strips two inches wide.
2. Toss the meat with paprika, salt and pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes or longer.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Brown beef on all sides. Set aside.
4. Put additional oil in the pan. Sauce onion and garlic. Add paprika.
5. Add the white wine and reduce. Add beef stock and bay leaf. Stir well. Afterwards, let simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Return meat to pan and add sliced mushrooms. Stir in cream.
7. Adjust all seasoning, discard bay leaf.
8. Serve hot over rice or noodles. Garnish with parsley.
CITRUS SUNSHINE (a red wine cocktail)
120 ml Cabernet Merlot (Beach Hut Australia)
2 pcs lemon wedge
60 ml. orange juice
1 bar spoon sugar
1 pc basil leaf
100 g ice
orange wheel (for garnish)
1. Shake all ingredients except the wine
2. Pour into a double old-fashioned glass
3. Top with Cabernet Merlot.
4. Garnish with lemon /orange peel or wheel