My apologies for a lack of post lately. Been very busy with my half-sordid, half-cluttered life. Some of my friends can almost believe that I court disaster like honey attracts the bees, my name might as well be “Calamity Ajay.” 😛 Here’s the rap sheet:
– some mean intruders barged into our apartment one early morning and took with them our living room TV, DVD player and my computer’s CPU. In its wake, a friend can only comment: “Ang malas mo naman!” (translated into: “how unlucky you are..) While my son mourned the loss of our almost 10-year old TV which he considers his “most precious possession,” I agonized over my CPU which had all my files in it. Living without a functioning PC in my house is like walking without an arm and a leg. Life’s not just the same without it (..till I get a new one, that is.)
Still, am thankful that Somebody Up There has shielded my family from unimaginable violence. To think that me and my brood were soundly sleeping in the adjacent bedrooms with our doors
unlocked when the incident happened. I can live without a PC but I can’t live normally with images of terror in mind. So thank God we’ve been spared that.
– My blog went nuts for a couple of days. Prior to this, I noticed that even I can’t leave a decent comment in this site, prompting my administrator to upgrade my outdated WordPress to the latest edition. In the process of upgrading, we caught a bug which even him had difficulty fixing. A few frantic messages later, my webhost hires a dedicated programmer. Now, this site is back on track (hopefully..)
– I got around to driving again after not doing so for a couple of years. However, in my excitement, I didn’t quite realize I wasn’t prepared for Manila’s crazy streets. Figured in a minor accident when I rammed the bumper of a brand-new Toyota Hi-Ace Van. Good thing that the driver of the service vehicle wasn’t ready to kill me; he was in fact very worried and told me to take care (haha). Still, we had to get proper documentation in the Traffic Bureau and I was surprised to find out that the cops there were corrupt (made me dread being in a colission again)
But life’s not all a bunch of mishaps. In close to two weeks I’ve been away here, there have been some piece of good news:
– I got to see someone I’ve been wanting to see all these years (no, he’s not a movie star, but he certainly got movie star muscles 😛 ~whoops)
– meeting some more friends from abroad (hello Eileen, hello Marisa. Where art thou, Toe?)
– As I said, am driving again because my bro bequeathed to me his car. Surprisingly, am not using it much. I realized that I really don’t need a car in Manila (with my office just a few blocks away) but I must learn how to drive sensibly again if I have to get me and my family to some cozy places.
– was able to bag a major project which I’ll be working on just so I can have pocket money to travel some more or buy a laptop
– will hopefully move to our own family home by the end of the year. I will have to believe my fortune teller that my present dwelling is not giving me good feng shui.
So am back in the groove, friends. Well, almost…