14 things i hate about Christmas:
1. Going over the budget with all the shopping and gift-giving
2. When nothing seems to be enough, with bonuses and all
2. the traffic. the monstrous traffic.
3. merchants and taxi drivers almost always charge you extra
4. the calorific food and drinks in parties
5. going to all the parties & not winning in the raffles (talk about luck. bad luck.)
6. elbow-to-elbow bargain hunting in Divisoria (hello, where art thou 168 Mall? yeah, they do have a website)
7. Stress. Unwanted stress.
8. Pressure. The pressure to attend gatherings and reunions when it makes more sense to organize them on Dec. 26 instead?
9. No someone special on Christmas Eve.
10. Sad Christmas songs (in the league of ‘Pasko Na Sinta Ko’)
11. Mugs, cheapo bags and other idratherhavenotsbecausemycabinetisfullofthem stuff
12. Malls are full but gyms are …. ghost towns
13. The maid goes on vacation
14. Everyone’s busy and everything’s busy that’s why bloggers like me write less. Apologies for the downtime.
14 reasons why i heart Christmas
1. Colorful Christmas lights
2. Yule logs, stollens, Christmas cookies and cakes
3. Calorific food and drinks in parties (well, at least we put on all those pounds at least once a year)
5. Choosing presents.
6. Receiving presents.
7. Taking my kids out to buy more presents. And seeing the smile on their faces.
8. Seeing old classmates and friends in reunions
9. Parties with all the freebies.
10. Planning the Christmas menu
11. At last, feeling the urge to communicate to friends I haven’t kept in touch with the whole year
12. Being remembered by friends who have not kept in touch with moi the whole year (okay! so that text message/ e-card will do)
13. Bazaars and shopping malls, no matter how crowded. (because it is always a challenge to find good bargains)
14. The overall feeling of joyful anticipation. Being selfless enough to prefer giving over receiving.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!