Apologies to everyone for the delay in the announcement of our winner for the Coke contest. It’s apt that the holiday season is a time for parties and reunions and our lucky winner gets to bring home P10,000 worth of gift certificates from Circles Cafe of Makati Shangri-La. That’s certainly fab! Thanks again to Nuffnang Philippines, and to Coke for sponsoring:)
If you failed to make it to make it to this contest, just stay tuned because am giving away a number of freebies soon. Watch this space for a forthcoming announcement 😉
Our Coke contest winner is Ms. Liza Marie Maclang who tells us about “Why Coca-Cola Has Become a Part of My Life… ”
1. I remember that I have a photo of myself, as young as 3 years old, drinking from an 8-oz Coke bottle. I started the addiction early.
2. As I was growing up in the 80?s, I remember that the lazy susan on my grandmother’s table always had a 1 liter Coke bottle for the whole family to share during lunch time. It was always bought from the nearby sari-sari store. That is one of the fondest memories I have of my childhood.
3. When we first traveled out of the country…to the United States, Canada, China and Korea, I always chose Coke over other brands. It was like “love” or a “smile”…it is universal. Everyone in the world knows it.
4. Back in grade school and high school, we were not allowed to have carbonated drinks. I remember we had to “smuggle” Coke in our Colemans, so that we can have a drink during recess and lunch time. We took the risk even if getting caught would send us and our parents to the principal’s office.
5. When I was in college, our favorite tambayan was the isaw stand. I always bought Coke to digest those chicken and pig guts.
6. Coke is best served with chips, pizza, pasta, Filipino dishes (especially greasy ones hehe). But when you think about it, Coke fits just about every meal…no matter what food you’re eating!
7. Coke has become a habit, that I tend to order it even at fast food chains that serve other brands.
8. I’ve had a lot of gastritis attacks, and being a doctor, I know that I should lessen my intake of carbonated drinks. And yet, I still buy and drink Coke. I’m stubborn that way.
9. At the supermarket, I find myself comparing the price of Coke to other brands. It is a little more expensive. But what the heck, I don’t mind paying more for quality.
10. I’ve tried other brands, but I still go back to Coke. It is the most addicting drink in the world. I love Coca-Cola!
Ms. Maclang may get in touch with me as soon as possible on how to claim your prize. Congratulations!
….. and thanks to everyone who participated:)