I know this post is late in coming but here’s my take on why Manny Pacquiao’s win against Erik Morales was one big Pinoy moment:
1. He showed to the world he’s one hell of a slugger.
2. He’s a perfect example of one poor lad who made it good and made it this far.
3.Filipinos need a modern-day sports hero, and he’s it.
4. Filipinos need to be inspired that one can strike it rich by dint of ‘bloody’ hard work, not by stealing, winning the lotto, or engaging in illegal rackets.
5. He’s the only non-bombastic star who can make traffic and insurgency fighting stop in this beleaguered country.
6. At last, here’s one piece of good news coming from the Philippines.
Our hats off to you, Manny. Keep the commercials coming. You will always be a hero in our eyes, so please…….
Don’t ever think of running for public office.