Hello dear readers! It’s not officially summer yet, but it will soon be! As such, it’s time to shed off some pounds, scout for sexy outfits, and keep our body (especially our legs) smooth and hair-free. Thankfully, leading depilatory Veet is on hand to help us keep our “hair” blues at bay. Through this blog, they’re giving away 10 gift packs containing their sought-after hair removal products. Isn’t that fab?
The gift is up for grabs to 10 lucky readers who can share their best budget beauty tip (s). The lucky winners will be chosen at random on March 20th and must be residents of the National Capital Region in order to qualify.
In these hard times, it’s wise to be practical when it comes to beauty matters. Don’t part with your precious peso when there are some routines that can substitute for an expensive visit to the salon. We name some here:
1. Buy a basic mani-pedi kit instead of visiting the salon every time you chip your nails. Remove old nail polish, cut or file nails to your desired length, trim the cuticles, and apply base coat and color. A quick dry top coat will speed up the process.
2. Give yourself a foot spa at the end of a long day walking in heels. Soak your feet in warm water and baking soda in a laundry basin, and apply your choice of foot scrub. Scour with a foot file or a pumice, pat dry, and apply lotion.
3. You don’t need any special equipment to give yourself a facial. Cleanse your face and exfoliate, then steam your face by laying a warm washcloth to your face for a few minutes. Apply a facial mask, let it set for 10 to 20 minutes, then rinse off and apply moisturizer.
4. Raid your kitchen for some tried and tested at home-hair treatments: mayonnaise, egg yolk, avocado, beer, yogurt and honey. Massage any of these substances into your hair and tuck under a warm damp towel and shower cap. Leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Shampoo off and rinse thoroughly.
5. Mix up an instant whitening treatment for your teeth by adding a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to baking soda. Substitute this for toothpaste or mix with your favorite brand.
Lastly, a word from our sponsor: ” At only a fraction of the cost of a salon wax, Veet hair removal products are easy to apply, effective and dermatologically-tested. Veet Hair Removal Cream dissolves hair at the shaft, leaving skin soft, smooth, and supple. For longer-lasting results, Veet Ready to Use Cold Wax Strips pull hair from the root, suitable for legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, and face. ”
The Veet Me! contest is still ongoing. Upload a video or a photo story of you using Veet on your legs and get a chance to win an iPad, a date with Daniel Matsunaga and other top prizes. For more details, pls. visit the contest website or the official Facebook page