It’s 2:30 in the morning and I’ve just come home from work. Still, I think it better to post my much-delayed answer to this tag from Pinay fashionista Sasha Manuel on ” seven random facts about my stylish self.” It’s timely considering that the common impression most people have of me is that I love food, and more food 😀 What they don’t know is that am also an avid disciple of fashion and looking good. Am a girl as a girl can be since I indulge in girlie things like clothes, shoes, bags and make-up, and one of the reasons why I revel in being single is that I won’t have to share my closet space with somebody (okay, my son is complaining but that’s another thing)
A word about fashion: I guess it’s just something one has to evolve and learn with the passing trends. Having “been there and done that” (meaning, baduy at one time and glam the next) I’ve come to believe that fashion shouldn’t just be condemned as sheer vanity. It will not only make you feel good; looking good can actually take you places. Fashion leaves you plenty of room to project an image, and I like the fact that there’s always the challenge of being ingenious and creative in that.
Here are my random facts:
1. I prefer shopping alone. Girl friends are hopeless (since they’re worse shopaholics than me) and men are not only hopeless, they’re also
shopping idiots. If I want to ask how the clothes fit, I’d ask my next cubicle neighbor, or the saleslady.
2. My apartment’s closets are full, but if you’d ask me to throw away everything and leave only a few items behind, they would be: a pair of denims, a white shirt, the little black dress, a neutral-colored office suit, sweat pants, a pair of trainers, black shoes with heels and a few accessories, preferably pearls.
3. I love pearls!
4. Am frustrated with the fact that I don’t own a laptop, a digital SLR cam and the latest model Nokia N95. The culprit being my weakness for jewelry which I hope to someday bequeath to my little girls. The jewelry I always pay for in cold cash.
5. I don’t believe in wasting my money on designer labels. After all, am in a shopping paradise called Asia where all kinds of bargains abound. Two, because the style of Lacoste sucks. I find greater pleasure in getting some branded item at a huge markdown because it means I pulled a fast one on those retail capitalist
6. I have two drawers full of sexy underwear which I haven’t used (for want of a killer sex life :P) but take pleasure in wearing things that are already five years old or more (not that they have holes in them)
7. Am obsessed about flossing and brushing my teeth and getting my prophylaxis every six months. Is that OC, because I know am not OC…
8. Within the next two years, I plan to buy 1) a Rolex and 2) an LV bag. Authentic only, because I’d rather have a Swatch/Secosana than wear a knock-off.