Looking to spice up your hashbrowns?
I’m always on the lookout for new ways of cooking my favorite ingredient (the potato). Here’s a good recipe I tried recently that’s basically hashbrowns in the form of muffins.To create this dish, you put the hashbrowns in a muffin pan, add the toppings of your choice and bake. These savory muffins don’t use any oil and you can make them vegetarian if you’d like.
The great thing about this oven delight is that you can keep it in the freezer for days! One thing I also noticed is that they are very filling, therefore good for those on a diet.
Here’s the recipe for my Savory Hash Brown Muffins using US potatoes:
1. Assemble the following for the ingredients –
– a pack of frozen hash browns. I used the Carnation brand which I bought in SM Hypermarket for a little over 100 pesos.
– grated cheese
– for vegetarian muffins: sliced tomatoes, blanched spinach or water cress, mushrooms
– for non-vegetarian option: any one of the veggie fillings plus ham, sausage or any meat of choice
– beaten eggs
2. Preheat oven to 375F. Crumble hash browns and press down on greased muffin pan to make a crust.
3. Add veggie and/or meat filling. Top with cheese and beaten egg then bake for 15 minutes.
That’s it! This dish bakes easily so all you have to do is enjoy!!!
To learn more spudtastic recipes visit the Potatoes USA Philippines Facebook page.