My friends know am more of a coffee person than a milk tea person, but boy… was I glad to get a taste of Tiger Sugar which is now open in Activity Pod X, near Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street, BGC.
For one, I was spared from the long lines because of the media preview we got from SparkIT PH (one of the perks of being a blogger…ahem); second, it is really”worth the hype!” (as most people said) and you will surely get addicted.
For those not familiar, Tiger Sugar is this milk tea brand that’s gaining huge popularity – not only in its home base of Taiwan but also Hong Kong, Singapore and now the Philippines.
Here are the top 5 things to know about Tiger Sugar Philippines:
1. It prides in calling itself a handcrafted beverage more than just being an ordinary milk tea brand on the block. Rather than just plopping in some powdered flavor in there, the guys at Tiger Sugar pay attention to the naturalness of the ingredients, the proper proportions, taste, texture and the whole process, all prepared and completed by hand, of course.
2. There is no sugar level to choose from, no thinking about “would you like pearls to go with that?” They’ve thought it all for you, just make your selection and enjoy the drink.
3. They have a very short menu, consisting of only 14 items in total. It is best to start with the bestselling drinks: Brown Sugar Boba Milk with Cream Mousse, Brown Sugar Boba + Pearl with Cream Mousse, Brown Sugar Pearl Milk with Cream Mousse.
What is boba? They are tapioca pieces bigger than the ‘pearls.’ In terms of texture, Tiger Sugar boba is a winner and complements the milkiness of the tea. As for the brown sugar, don’t get me started on it. It is the best part of the Tiger experience 🙂
4. Shake it, shake it, shake that cup. Not just once, not just twice, but 15 times. Why? So that their signature brown sugar will be mixed thoroughly with the milk, thereby creating those “stripes” (hence it’s called Tiger).
P.S. once you sip, it’s so good, there’s no use counting. But shake it a few times, at least 😀
5. Prices are very reasonable, with a price range of from only P80 to P120. We’re glad a top quality milk tea brand that’s handcrafted and made from premium ingredients is now available in the market.
Catch the first branch of Tiger Sugar in Bonifacio High Street, near Serendra, BGC.
Sunday to Thursday – 11am to 10pm
Friday to Saturday – 11am to 11pm
Follow them on Facebook and Instagram: @tigersugarphilippines